Spell Changes proposal
If spells are removed, I am going to riot and I know I will not be the only one. I think removing spells is a very regressive "solution" to the issues with PvP on divinity and I think a class that is immune to spells is damn near a nullification of spell use since the new class would more then likely become the new standard for PvP like vampire/ demon is.
Here are some of the alternatives I could think of listed from most viable to the least. Items listed in red
are what I recommened most objects in blue
serve as secondary options.
- Reworking spells.
- Changes to the market/ accessibility to lapis
- Removal of spells/ race for douchebags v2. (Im saddened this is even an option, It should not be.)
Spells are a big part of divinity's lore and I would hate to see them replaced for guns as they have their place in gameplay and from more of an RP standpoint.
Reduce the damage of inferno and keep the cost the same OR raise the cost.
- add a 4-5 second cooldown and keep cost/ damage the same.This still makes inferno useful for attacking through walls and in tight situations but it literally stops the spell from being spammed wich as I am aware is the biggest complaint about inferno
- If cost is raised players will likely use inferno much less however this really depends on how easily accessible lapis is (and right now its kind of a joke how much lapis floating around).
- Reducing damage but keeping the cost the same or slightly raising it will probably not stop inferno spam but depending on how it is reworked it could make it much less viable
- Triple the cost of oblivion. Not much can be done to stop oblivion from being a scummy spell but I think its very apparent as of late that a stack of lapis is way to cheap for the amount of fire power that is being dished out, I think that 3 stacks of lapis should be enough to make spamming oblivion significantly less viable but if it still proves to be an issue the amount could be upped up to about 5 stacks in the extreme.
- cut oblivion's damage in half
Changes to the market/ accessibility to lapis.
One way to combat spells is to Either add on more resources to the cost of spells like how guns were changed or to reduce accessibility to lapis. I would caution against playing with the market too much as it could have adverse effects on other aspects of the server
Access to lapis:
- Raise the price of lapis in the shop.
- Add additional cost to spells either in items or otherwise. For example casting inferno now requires 4 lapis and 4 blaze powder or to cast oblivion it now takes X amount of lapis and XP.
These are my proposed changes if anyone has any concerns or opinions about the specifics of a particular spell please elaborate and I will edit this post to propose an alternative however I strongly dissent from the removal of spells or the nullification of their use in such an extreme manner. I would also be so bold as to propose that more spells be added to gameplay because of the advances that have taken place with guns, perhaps I will make an aditional post regarding this matter at a later stage. Thank you for your consideration. - Naxxos, Blasphemed.