new spells idea

4 replies
Votes:
+17
Untagged users
I had a neat idea that I thought I would share with the staff/server about the whole spell spamming problem
what if you added more defense spells like freeze (light magic) to combat all the attack spells (dark magic)
I had a few ideas of some you could add

Ice Shield or Ice Barrior
makes you immune to range weapons/range spells (inferno or bullets) for a short amount of time but the force of swords or very high impact weapons (cannons) break your shield
lasts 20 seconds costs 16 lapis casting item packed ice (have ice particles for the shield)

Healing
just like inferno but instead of whoever you shoot being burned to death they get healed
heals 2 hearts direct hit 1 heart near
costs 5 lapis casting item Rose (roses are nice healing is to)

Freeze
is already a thing

Lift
use the effect levitation to lift enemy's shoots like inferno
lift time 10 seconds cost 8 lapis casting item end rod (something end city like)

Escape
tps you back 10 seconds to escape enemies some may of heard of this as blink
cost 15 lapis casting item ender eye

Spring
gives you jump boost 10 for 5 seconds and resistance 5 for 5 seconds (so you don't die falling down)
gives you a chance to get out of any tight spot your in
cost 15 casting item firework

you may see that the lapis cost for many of these are cheaper that's because these are more defense
spells (light magic) they make it easier for people to defend themselves harder to attack (with spells)
Posted Jun 18, 17 · OP
List
Undo
Votes:
+3
Untagged users
I like the idea of a healing spell. Instead of it being like inferno, maybe it could be like a bubble. Anyone within the area of the spell will be healed. Beneficial for group fights, but you have to cast it wisely as you don't want to heal your enemies.
Any sort of magic shield would be cool, doesn't have to be ice.
Posted Jun 19, 17 · Last edited Jun 19, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+13
Untagged users
I like this however I can tell you right now Spring would be broken with resistance 5, I would use it solely for the resistance buff. Also I think that if healing is to be made an AoE spell the healing range should be very short (like mabye a 3x3 region around the caster) The reason being it makes it much less likely you will heal an enemy, I would recommend that the spell works similar to freeze cast wise though.

Also escape could cause issues with glitching into bases depending on how it works (Not that I think this is a bad thing but the staff have worked pretty hard to stop people from glitching into bases.)
Posted Jun 19, 17 · Last edited Jun 19, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+17
Untagged users
wrote:
I like this however I can tell you right now Spring would be broken with resistance 5, I would use it solely for the resistance buff. Also I think that if healing is to be made an AoE spell the healing range should be very short (like mabye a 3x3 region around the caster) The reason being it makes it much less likely you will heal an enemy, I would recommend that the spell works similar to freeze cast wise though.

Also escape could cause issues with glitching into bases depending on how it works (Not that I think this is a bad thing but the staff have worked pretty hard to stop people from glitching into bases.)

I think the escape thing would mark were you were (once you click) and in 10 seconds tp you back there
spring I do see your point with it being kinda op maybe try it with just the jump boost with out res?
and healing I like that idea with the 3x3 around the caster
thank you for your feed back <3
Posted Jun 19, 17 · OP
Votes:
+78
Admin
congratulations you just delayed the 1.12 update by a week
Posted Jun 19, 17
List
Undo
DivinityCraft.org
divinitycraft.org
1 / 30
Today's Record: 7 players (14 hours ago)
Weekly Record: 11 players (Sun at 20:00)
Monthly Record: 12 players (Nov 15, 18)

Online Players

W
F
S
S
M
T
W
T
Yearly Goal: $450.00
546.11 / 450.00