News Major Voting Changes

3 replies
Votes:
+37
Banned users
Looking at our player count, it is painfully obvious that voting is archaic and not really getting us anywhere as far as new players go. As such, we are getting rid of voting in favor of referrals. The referrals system will work roughly like this: you get a code that you can give to a friend, and said friend enters in that code. After he is online for a certain amount of time, you and him will both receive a large reward for referring the server.

As for top voters who have earned contributor through voting, you will retain your donatorship, and it will run out naturally at the specified time.

More solidified details about Referrals will be posted in another thread in once we implement it.
Posted Dec 17, 17 · OP
List
Undo
Votes:
+12
Untagged users
:rolls:
Posted Dec 19, 17
Votes:
+140
Contributor
I felt that voting rewards were a little generous ( my bal is just shy of 95k and a good chunk of that is voter jackpot rewards) and fell out of the habit over the last month. However I have noticed in my time on here that the rewards have been a motivation for people who do login to play. If I may suggest even if it does not result in a constant flow of new players, voting rewards were also an incentive to continuing players and a nice little boost for new or returning players. Mind you, I think the materials are pretty balanced. But the Jackpot imo kinda was not scaled to the market, allowing a devoted voter to have enough cash to buy anything they want.

So...why not do both? If it isn't any kind of additional work for staff to keep something like that going I really think it helps with keeping player interest going. Perhaps we should get rid of the contributor prize to make it easier to maintain, just tweak the cash rewards back a bit?

Either way, these efforts to keep the fires burning are appreciated! <3 <3
Posted Dec 20, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+4
Admin
"After he is online", assuming genders much.
Posted Jan 17, 18
DivinityCraft.org
divinitycraft.org
2 / 30
Today's Record: 11 players (20 hours ago)
Weekly Record: 11 players (20 hours ago)
Monthly Record: 12 players (Nov 10, 18)

Online Players

S
M
T
T
F
S
S
M
Yearly Goal: $450.00
531.12 / 450.00